One step closer to improved business efficiency
When choosing an MPS provider there are crucial questions every business should ask…
With 63% of organisations admitting to print-related data breaches, security should be a top priority for companies looking for an MPS provider. Printing breaches could include anything from confidential information being found in printer trays waiting to be collected to unauthorised access of documents stored on networks or in the cloud. Not to mention the security challenges posed by the rise of bring your own device (BYOD).
Robust security is absolutely vital when it comes to a print management solution, so it’s imperative to ask prospective providers:
- How they secure data as it moves from computers to printers
- How they release that information securely
- Whether or not they can set up access controls for different users
A one size fits all approach will simply not work when it comes to MPS as every organisation’s setup is different.
Therefore, it’s important to work with a solution provider that has the flexibility to adapt to individual environments.
- From single server and single site, to complex multi-server, multi-location and even multinational infrastructures, can the solution scale with ease and handle any level of complexity?
- Does it support print servers, direct IP printing, or a combination of both, and help you optimise your infrastructure for cost, ease of management and user experience?
- Will it integrate with your existing IT setup seamlessly, including existing vendors, technologies and processes, to minimise disruption during or after rollout?
As print environments are constantly evolving it’s vital to extract data to ensure continuous improvement.
- Does the MPS solution provider offer dynamic reporting capabilities that analyse and monitor usage in real time to help improve security, accountability and efficiency?
- Can you drill down to get to the detail behind the headline numbers and customize reports so they’re directly relevant to your goals and KPIs?
- Is it possible to generate reports and schedules, as well as delivery mechanisms, such as email or dashboard?
- Do they have in-house expertise to turn raw data into business intelligence, adding value to your bottom line?
An MPS solution should provide a true ROI, with businesses only paying for what they use. A modular approach with flexibility is essential to optimise your return on investment and ensure predictable, budget table costs.
- Can you add modules as your organisation grows and your needs change?
- Can you remove modules if you have to scale back?
- Make sure you aren’t being tied down by a rigid contract?
Print management solutions should balance the opposing needs of both users and the IT department. This includes the ability to access, route, scan and share documents easily and efficiently whether they’re on-site, on the move, or working from home.
- Can users access friction-free printing anywhere, any time and on any device?
- Is the solution easy for IT departments to configure and administer as they add printers and users?
- Can the MPS adapt to the changing demands of a busy print environment?
Print environments need to expand as the company grows. New users, departments and offices, both at home and abroad, can make for a complex setup, so a flexible, scalable approach is vital.
- Are there limits on the number of MFPs a solution can handle?
- How will it manage multi-site or multi-national infrastructures?
It’s important to check whether an MPS solution provider’s offering gives detailed insight into print usage and costs, identifying areas for savings and efficiencies.
- Can the provider produce a detailed breakdown of usage patterns that can be sliced and diced according to user, device, department, print server or office?
- Are you able to see whether you’re getting maximum return on infrastructure investment, with details of under or over usage, operating efficiently in terms of location, and achieving economies of scale on ordering supplies?
Solutions that have been developed in house aren’t often full service offerings and therefore aren’t as robust as a partner solution that’s backed by years of industry expertise and extensive, hands-on experience.
Custom-built solutions are often overtaken by the rapid pace of change and are unable to adapt to new technologies or scale with speed and ease, whereas a partner solution is built on industry best practices and constantly evolves to handle the latest technological advances and working practices.
Running a business can be a demanding 24/7 job. But it doesn’t have to be! By partnering with a trustworthy technical support and IT services partner, you gain a powerful and knowledgeable ally.
Give your business a voice! Docex360 provide cost-effective telecoms products, ranging from cloud-hosted phone systems to more traditional line rental and calls packages.
Whether you’re looking for a simple solution or a fully managed print service (MPS) to optimise the performance of your print estate, Docex360 is equipped to deliver global brands locally.