FOLLOW ME PRINTING
Follow-Me printing solutions enable users and device-level management to control all printers and multifunctional devices, including copy, print, fax and scan.
stay one step ahead with follow me printing:
Important questions every business should ask potential MPS providers…
Printing breaches could include anything from confidential information being found in printer trays waiting to be collected and unauthorised access of documents stored on networks or in the cloud, to security challenges posed by the rise of bring your own device (BYOD).
With 63% of organisations admitting to print-related data breaches, this should be a top priority for companies looking for an MPS provider. Robust security is absolutely non-negotiable when it comes to a print management solution, so it’s imperative to question prospective providers.
- How do they secure data as it moves from computers to printers?
- How do they release that information securely?
- Can they set up access controls for different users?
As print environments are constantly evolving it’s vital to extract data to ensure continuous improvement rather than settle for a set-and-forget approach.
- Does the MPS solution provider offer dynamic reporting capabilities that analyse and monitor usage in real time to help improve security, accountability and efficiency?
- Can you drill down to get to the detail behind the headline numbers and customise reports so they’re directly relevant to your goals and KPIs?
- Is it possible to generate reports and schedules, as well as delivery mechanisms, such as email or dashboard?
- Do they have in-house expertise to turn raw data into business intelligence, adding value to your bottom line?
Print management solutions should balance the opposing needs of both users and the IT department. This includes the ability to access, route, scan and share documents easily and efficiently whether they’re on-site, on the move or working from home.
- Can users access friction-free printing anywhere, at any time and on any device?
- Is the solution easy for IT departments to configure and administer as they add printers and users?
- Can the MPS adapt to the changing demands of a busy print environment?
Print environments need to expand as the company grows. New users, departments and offices, both at home and abroad, can make for a complex setup – therefore a flexible, scalable approach is vital.
- Are there limits on the number of MFPs a solution can handle?
- How will it manage multi-site or multi-national infrastructures?
It’s important to check whether MPS solution providers’ offerings give detailed insight into print usage and costs, identifying areas for savings and efficiencies.
- Can the provider produce a detailed breakdown of usage patterns that can be sliced and diced according to user, device, department, print server or office?
- Are you able to see whether you’re getting maximum return on infrastructure investment, with details of under or over usage, operating efficiently in terms of location, and achieving economies of scale on ordering supplies?